Head of Skills, Employment and Education
High Speed Two (HS2)
9:00 AM Managing Contractors, Employees, Resourcing and Skills Planning for Successful Delivery and Construction of Major Rail Infrastructure Projects
Major rail infrastructure projects often take strategic management with contractors, employees and overall resourcing. For some, this is a new working environment, so it is important to develop consistency across your organisation and set up the expectations for what needs to be achieve internally and externally to ensure the project is delivered on time and within expectations. This workshop will focus on developing a clear path for the progression of delivering an constructing major freight rail infrastructure projects and how to get your people on board.
What will the workshop cover?
- Why partnerships with councils, clients and suppliers are essential to bringing the right skills and expertise into each project at the right time to be future freight ready
- Investigating strategies to encourage regional skills development and workforce growth and how to engage, retain and assist with the transition
- Creating palatable steps and programs that enable skill building and support during the construction timeline and once operational
- Innovation and partnerships: What should you be communicating with contractors to ensure the right resources and skills are identified to ensure it aligns with project delivery expectations
- Maintaining relationships and consistency with track owners, staff and other stakeholders to collectively improve safety, integration of technology and interoperability of the final project
- Finding people to make it happen: Overcoming the challenges of managing demand and expectations
- Utilising once-in-a-generation opportunities as a means to grow railway and construction skills and widen the current workforce