Digital Innovation Manager
OBB (Austrian Federal Railways)
3:00 PM Developing a Strategy to Utilise Big Data for Predictive Maintenance to Improve Freight Rail Services
Big Data and digital systems are opening up a wide range of possibilities for freight railway infrastructure, resulting in faster transmission, greater storage capacity and where channelling the data can assist in the way organisations can manage assets. Yet such success involves getting the right interfaces and strategy in place internally and gaining buy-in for investment of systems to unlock real productivity. With learnings from OBB’s strategy, you will have the opportunity to understand how to better manage data and embrace it as a valuable asset to maintaining freight rail infrastructure and improve future services.
What will the workshop cover?
- Best practice strategies and approaches for utilising mass data generated and turning it into meaningful information for business development to meet freight user needs
- What data, analytics and models will also deliver input for security functions on communications and signalling systems on rail infrastructure
- Improvement of quality through transparency: Utilising digital applications for infrastructure and track maintenance to improve services
- Developing strong engineering support and data management to provide real-time, predictable services to maximise efficiency
9:50 AM INTERNATIONAL CASE STUDY: Digital Innovation at ÖBB to Optimise Freight Operations and Supply Chain Connectivity
Rail Cargo Group (RCG) is the freight division of ÖBB (Austrian Federal Railways). As leading rail logistics specialists from Europe to Asia, RCG covers nearly 52 million kilometres a year and runs over 518 000 trains a year. Together these two organizational units are delivering digital innovation projects together to implement future-oriented, punctual logistic solutions that will deliver sustainable and efficient supply chain connectivity. Such innovations include IoT, Data Science and Prediction and Optimisation by AI. In this case study, Gerald will focus on these digital innovations that prove to enhance freight operations, discussing:
- Insights into key projects and prototypes of digital innovation at OBB and what has worked to unlock real productivity for business development in freight rail
- Identifying the right approaches, suppliers and consultants to deliver the best initiatives that match the capability of the organisation, while still putting the customers and users at the forefront
- Why digital innovation can create maximum performance quality along the entire logistics and transport chain